Father's Day and A Birthday!

Today (well, actually it was yesterday, but I wrote this blog post yesterday and didn't get to posting it until today :)) is my sister-in-law, Maddy's, birthday!  Tommy and I are so glad that she joined the Edwards family just a little over a year ago and that she is the perfect match for his little bro Mark.  Thanks for being a great sister Maddy, even though we don't see you often, we love the time we do spend with you.  You are a godly young woman who has a heart after the Lord.  Continue to seek Him and He will make all your paths straight.  Only 5 more days until our North Carolina lake house vacation and we are so excited to catch up with everyone!!!


This past weekend we celebrated Father's Day.  I have to admit, I outdid myself.  HaHa.  No really, I did.  Last year was a total FAIL, so I'm glad I was able to redeem myself this year.  A week before Father's day, I scheduled a 1-hour massage for Tommy (for $35 mind you) with a family friend of ours and surprised him with that.  This past weekend, I had coordinated with other bible study wives from Crosspoint, and booked a t-time for an 18-hole "Father's Day" golf outing for all of our men, followed by a cookout at our place.  I know one of Tommy's favorite things is his men's Annual Bulldog tournament with all his family and friends in Radford, VA.  I have thought of that lately and how much Tommy was going to miss that, most likely, and how sad he was going to be.  I figure I would try and replicate, as best I could, with some good friends here, a similar experience in Indiana.  As long as we are in Indiana, and we don't know how long that will be, I'm hoping it can be an annual thing.  Last weekend, there were 8 guys in all, and they played "scramble" style.  Although Tommy's team lost, he still had a great time with the three guys on his team.  I don't think it hurt that he also played the best round of golf in his life :).  I am so glad I was able to make him feel special on Father's Day, but more importantly I loved giving him some much deserved and much needed "time off" to recharge with the guys.  Tommy, you are a wonderful and amazing father - thanks for being so involved in the girls lives and for being such a hands-on daddy.  Thanks also for all the time up until this point that you have sacrificed for them.  You have been a "second mom" at times and I appreciate all those nights you got up (and still do at times) in the middle of the night to help me with feedings or when they were sick.  You have such a sacrificial and selfless heart and I love you beyond words!   Your girls love you to pieces!

What a group of studs! 

Comments

  1. It was awesome!!! Thank you to my wonderful wife for taking so much time to plan an amazing weekend. It was on of the best weekends in a long long time! Thanks again sweety!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Redemptive Threads

New Blog for New Happenings