Birthday Happenings

It was a great birthday - definitely in my top three EVER! (It's hard to beat my 27th, when Tommy surprised me and arranged for me to have off work so he could bring me to King's Dominion, a theme park.)  Not only did I have phone calls from my whole family, but I also got calls from every one of Tommy's family.  They call every year, and it means so much that they don't forget and that they make a point to make me feel special.  Another reason this year was special was because I got to spend it with Robin! She and Mason spent three days with us and we had a blast! 
Nana and her 3 grandkids!
Robin and her twinkies -  And, yes those are bows on the top of their heads.
Me and my little buddy
Me and my sweetheart Natalie - she didn't want her top on, that stinker!

Mason and Kinley enjoying pool time.

So... I also have to mention that I have the best husband. ever.  He always makes me feel so loved and appreciated, and he knows how to encourage and uplift my spirits at just the right time - and he knows I love surprises and romance :)  The morning of my birthday, I woke up but Tommy was already gone because he went to a golf tournament.  My first gift from the girls was them sleeping in and waking up playing with one another while I got to lay in bed extra long and then take a shower - those occur very infrequently these days.  As I was getting ready, I saw a post-it note on the mirror in the bathroom that said, "Happy Birthday", and another one on the bedroom mirror saying, "Have a Great Day!".  I thought, "Aww that's sweet he did that" but didn't think much else of it.  I went down stairs totally oblivious and Robin had to say something to me, along the lines of, "look around!".  I cluelessly looked around and saw post-it notes all around the entire house on almost everything!  Here are some of sweet ones I remember (and where they were posted):
  • You still make me melt (micro)
  • You are so HOT (thermastat)
  • I could stare at you all day (TV)
  • You reflect God's glory (1/2 bath mirror)
  • You are my breath of fresh air (door to go outside)
  • You are my sunshine (window to go outside)
  • Hang in there sweetie (ceiling)
  • Best Day of my Life (photo of our wedding day)
  • I wish- I could -wash your blues away (blue dining room wall) - {it's been a rough two weeks with sick , teething babes}
To top it off, Tommy also suprised me (in post-it notes) with a day "off" to 1. Get a cut/color 2. Lunch with Megan, my BFF and 3. A manicure & pedicure.  He made all the arrangements, from calling my mom for a babysitter, to setting up the appointment with my friend/hairstylist Kristen, to asking Megan to join me for lunch.  And the last thing he "PROMISED" was to take me on a getaway vacation just the two of us - I know he will follow through on that promise and can't wait to spend even a few days alone with my wonderful husband.  He truly outdid himself - As I was walking around the house sobbing out of joy and love, I just couldn't believe he had done all of that.  It was so encouraging and the words he spoke on those post-its were just what I needed to hear.   I also loved the roses he brought home for me after work. <3 To top off my birthday (could it get any better than that!?),  the girls were A-mazing.  They finally seemed like they were turning a corner into the wellness camp and didn't whine or cry during mealtimes, slept wonderfully, and I even got a break at night b/c two dear friends Adam and Becca (from our church) came over and played with and put them down while I went to Tommy's softball game.    Best. Day. Ever. <3

<3 I love you Tommy boy.  Thanks for being an amazing husband <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redemptive Threads

Father's Day and A Birthday!

New Blog for New Happenings